Explore our 3+ miles of easy-moderate groomed trails by snowshoe, take in the sights and sounds, and enjoy the winter wonderland! As long as we’ve got snow on our trails, we’ll be snowshoeing at Up Yonda Farm.
If you’re looking to try snowshoeing for the first time or want to learn about winter in the Adirondacks, reserve a spot on a Naturalist-led hike, happening weekends in January and February. Snowshoe rentals in child and adult sizes are available for on-site use, no reservations needed.
On a Naturalist-led hike we’ll cover the basics of snowshoeing while you learn about animal tracking, winter ecology, and the history of Up Yonda Farm. During the program, we’ll traverse about a mile over the course of an hour, and will include a stop at our scenic vista point overlooking Lake George. Your program will finish near the Farmhouse, where a campfire and hot chocolate will be available!
Reservations are recommended via nonrefundable reservation deposit of $1/person. Please see the Rates tab for more information. Walk-ins will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
This program is suitable for participants who are able to walk a mile of gradual uphill terrain, typically ages 5 and up.
Up Yonda Farm offers nearly 3 miles of hiking and snowshoeing trails! Adult and child sized snowshoe rentals for use at Up Yonda Farm are available at the Farmhouse. Please check in at the Farmhouse with a Naturalist upon arrival for assistance with trail maps, trail conditions, snowshoe rentals, and the Day Use Fee.
No reservations are needed for snowshoe rentals. Please see the Rates tab for more information.
- Naturalist-led hike, refreshments: $5 per person
- Naturalist-led hike, snowshoe rental, refreshments: $8 per person
- Snowshoe rental only (adult and child sizes available, only for use at Up Yonda Farm): $5 per pair, no time limit
- *All fees in addition to $5 per vehicle Day Use Fee
- Naturalist-led hike, refreshments: $1 per person
- Naturalist-led hike, snowshoe rental, refreshments: $3 per person
- Snowshoe rental only (adult and child sizes available, only for use at Up Yonda Farm): $3 per pair, no time limit
What to Bring on a Snowshoe Hike at Up Yonda Farm
- Warm clothes and a jacket, be sure to check the weather before you head out
- Sturdy, water-resistant shoes (snow boots or hiking shoes work well)
- A trail map, you can pick one up at the Farmhouse when you check in
- Water and snacks
- A camera, you won’t want to miss the view at the Lake George Vista!
*Please note the above reservation is a $1 per person non-refundable registration deposit/ticket. Your reservation deposit will be applied toward the cost of the program, the remaining balance will be collected upon check in. If there is no snow on your selected weekend, we will convert the snowshoe to a Naturalist-led hike instead, at a rate of $5 per person.