Outdoor Education in the Adirondacks
May Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 8am-4pm
During open hours, please Check-In and pay the Day Use Fee ($5 per vehicle) at the Farmhouse! After hours Check-In information can be found on the grey information booth in the parking lot.
Make a day of your Up Yonda Farm visit and check out new educational opportunities!
Naturalist Snapshots are included with a paid Day Use Fee or Up Yonda Farm Membership! Check out the calendar to see what’s on deck for the upcoming week or month. Please note that some longer programs have additional fees.
There’s things to do all year at Up Yonda Farm!
- Hiking or snowshoeing on our 3+ miles of trails.
- Self guided nature exploration using our interpretative signs and QR codes.
- Chat with a Naturalist and meet some local turtles in the Farmhouse.
- Naturalist Presentations, daily during open hours from June 20 to Labor Day and select days off-season.
- Picnic by the pond (carry in-carry out).
- Use your senses and explore Alice’s Sensory Garden.
- Learn about pollinators in the Butterfly Garden.
- Read a seasonal story on the Children’s Story Walk on the Sugar Trail.
- Explore the pond and examine some of the critters you find.
- Take a NYS Natural History walk along the Sugar and Base Loop Trails.
- Check out the interactive exhibits in our Museum: Adirondack Animals, Pollinators!, Watersheds, & Birds.
- See how maple syrup is made at the Sugar House, and participate in the spring!
- Go on a treasure hunt for any of the 5 Geocaches found at Up Yonda Farm.
After Hours/Contact-Free Check In and Day Use Fee information:
Day use fees ($5 per vehicle Sept-June, $6 July & August) may be paid through the mail slot in the gray entrance booth or by credit card using our secure online store (link below). Keeping track of attendance (date, size of group and home zip code) allows us to better plan programming.