Are you open?
- We’re open Monday – Saturday from 8am to 4pm
Are you a seasonal business?
- We’re open year round and offer seasonally based nature programs and activities.
Do I need a reservation?
- No, you can visit Up Yonda Farm without a reservation, but reservations are recommended and sometimes required for our special programs.
How do I check in and pay the day use fee?
- You can do both on our website or after you park in the lot, you can walk up to the white farmhouse and check in with one of our Naturalists and pay the day use fee. Coming up to the farmhouse is the best way to get some information on what might be the best activities for your group!
How much does it cost to visit?
- Up Yonda Farm has a $6 day use fee per vehicle in July/August and $5 per vehicle the rest of the year.
How much do your programs cost?
- Most of our 1 hour programs have a fee of $5 per person. Some of our make and take programs (walking sticks, bird/bat houses, bird feeders, holiday wreaths) do have an additional materials fee.
Do you have produce?
- In the distant past Up Yonda Farm did have livestock and produce, but these days we’re an environmental education center. We do offer fresh, local maple syrup and honey in our welcome center that has been produced by local family farms.
Do you have hiking trails?
- Up Yonda has about 3 miles of well marked hiking trails that loop you around the property and give access to the Federal Hill Cemetery and our vista point overlooking Lake George. Only the gravel section of the base loop is wheelchair accessible.
Help! I found an injured wild animal, what should I do?
- Up Yonda Farm doesn’t have the facilities or staff to care for injured wild animals. Instead, we recommend you call the emergency hotline number for North Country Wild Care at (518) 964-6740. Their volunteer team can connect you with a licensed rehabber. In New York you must possess a state wildlife rehabilitation license to care for injured or orphaned wildlife, please do not try to keep injured or orphaned wildlife as pets or at your home.
Can I bring my service animal to Up Yonda Farm?
- Yes you can bring your service animal if it is required because of a disability and if it has been trained to perform a task.
Can I bring my dog/cat/goldfish/alpaca with me on my visit?
- No, Warren County Parks and Recreation which Up Yonda Farm is part of does not permit pets on their properties. If you’re visiting Up Yonda Farm, the Warren County Fish Hatchery, or Fairgrounds, please leave your pets at home.
Are you only for little kids or families?
- No! Up Yonda has activities for any nature lover. If you’re into hiking, geocaching, learning about the natural history of the Adirondacks and Lake George area, maple sugaring, pollinators, Adirondack ponds, picnicking, or chilling out and looking at amazing views, we’ve got something for you. Our updated museum has hands-on exhibits for all ages as well!
Can I rent out your pavilion or a building for a special event?
- Sure, check out the Private Functions page on our website
Can I pet the snapping turtle?
- No, our educational animals are wild animals and do behave as such. We do appreciate our guests leaving with as many fingers as they came with.