- Hiking on our 3+ miles of trails.
- Self guided nature exploration using our interpretative signs and QR codes.
- Chat with a Naturalist and meet some local turtles in the Farmhouse.
- Naturalist Presentations 10 & 2 on Saturdays, daily from June 20 to Labor Day.
- Picnic by the pond (carry in-carry out).
- Use your senses and explore Alice’s Sensory Garden.
- Learn about pollinators in the Butterfly Garden.
- Read a seasonal story on the Children’s Story Walk on the Sugar Trail.
- Explore the pond and examine some of the critters you find.
- Take a NYS Natural History walk along the Sugar and Base Loop Trails.
- Check out the interactive exhibits in our Museum: Adirondack Animals, Pollinators!, Watersheds, & Birds.
- Go on a treasure hunt for any of the 5 Geocaches found at Up Yonda Farm
Make a day of your Up Yonda Farm visit and check out new educational opportunities!
The Naturalist Snapshot is a new series of “drop-in” programs currently being offered on Saturdays, and will be offered daily during open hours this summer. Up Yonda Farm Naturalists will offer a short program on a variety of topics to introduce guests to activities and exploration at Up Yonda. Naturalist Snapshots are included with a paid Day Use Fee or Up Yonda Farm Membership! Check out the calendar to see what’s on deck for the upcoming week!
Weekday Hour-Long Program Descriptions:
Naturalist-led hike – Join Up Yonda Farm Naturalists on a hike to explore the forest at Up Yonda, and learn about Adirondack flora and fauna while you’re at it! All hikes will cover roughly a mile of gradual uphill terrain unless otherwise noted. Meet at the Farmhouse to complete check in and to begin the hike. Fee of $5 per person applies, in addition to per vehicle day use fee.